Series: Series5000     Sub Series: 5000     Policy Number: 5610
          Printer Friendly (opens in new window/tab)


A student who seeks to be designated an emancipated minor must provide proof of:

1. Residence

• If residence is rented, a statement from the landlord stating the name of the minor as a rentor and a rent receipt in the minor’s name.

• If residence is owned, a copy of the deed.

2. Financial Independence

• A letter from the employer stating the salary and hours worked per week.

• A statement of other financial means.

3. Parental/Guardian Release

• A signed statement from the parent or guardian releasing all financial support and stating that the student will not be claimed on federal income tax as a dependent for the year.

If at any time the above information is changed without prompt notification or proven to be false, the parent/guardian and/or student may be subject to nonresident student tuition charges.

District Reference:

General Reference:

Adoption Date:

Last Revised:

Last Reviewed: