Office of Special Services
If you suspect your child has a disability, which adversely affects his/her educational performance, which may require special education supports and services and you are enrolling your child in a public or nonpublic school and seeking supports for your child while your child attends school, you may initiate a referral by writing to the Committee on Special Education (“CSE”) in this school district or where the nonpublic school is located.
Contact person if you suspect your child has a disability and is attending The Rhinebeck Central School District:
Emily Davison, Director of Special Services
Rhinebeck Central School District
P.O. Box 351
Rhinebeck New York, 12572
Voice: (845) 871-5570 ext. 6512
Fax: (845) 876-4963
Upcoming Event, March 20th Transition to College Conference 8:45-1:00pm.
RCSD Special Education Resources
Helpful Links and Online Resources
- NYSED Procedural Safeguards Notice
- Think College
- Scholastic for Parents
- NYS Office of Special Education
- Center for Applied Technology
- LD Online
- Autism Speaks
Community Resources (not affiliated with RCSD)
- Hudson Valley Special Education Parent Center
- Monthly Support Group for Families and Friends with loved ones with a mental illness or brain disorder (please link to the monthly support group flyer)
- Free Parent Workshops: Parents and Caregivers of adolescents and children who have behavioral issues, undiagnosed emotional issues, ADHD, ODD, OCD, DMDD or have developed symptoms of mental illness (brain disorder).
- Rhinebeck is Becoming an Autism Supportive Environment