Travel Related Guidance and Recommendations
Travel-Related Guidance and Recommendations
Recently, the Governor of New York announced that, as of April 1, 2021, domestic travelers will no longer be required to quarantine after entering New York from another U.S. State or U.S. Territory. While quarantining will no longer be required, the NYS Department of Health still recommends that individuals returning from domestic travel quarantine upon their return as precaution. The Rhinebeck Central School District strongly encourages families to follow the current recommendations of the Department of Health, and carefully assess potential for exposure and quarantine and test in accordance with the current regulations, described below.
Current Travel Regulations
While the NYS quarantine requirements will change on April 1st, until then, domestic travelers returning to New York must still comply with the following quarantine requirements listed below until March 31. The district encourages continuing to use this guidance as it relates to extended travel to other areas and regions of the country.
- Individuals will need to have a test within 3 days before leaving your travel destination to come home and
- Individuals will need to quarantine in NY upon return and
- On Day 4 of quarantine, individuals must test again in NY.
- If you choose not to test or do not get both tests, individuals must quarantine for the full 10 days.
- Individuals do not need to quarantine if they have been completely vaccinated within the last 90 days and their return to New York is at least two weeks after the final vaccination dosage;
- Individuals who have tested positive for COVID 19 within 90 days of their return to New York do not have to quarantine;
- Unvaccinated students who are traveling with fully vaccinated adults still need to quarantine.
By taking those post-travel measures identified above, you will help to prevent possible exposure to COVID-19 in our buildings and increase the likelihood of uninterrupted, safe operation of our schools.
Please note, in line with current NYSDOH requirements, individuals will still need to quarantine upon return from international travel. All travelers must continue to fill out the Traveler Health Form.
Regardless of quarantine status all individuals returning from travel must:
- Continue daily symptom monitoring
- Continue strict adherence to all recommended interventions, including hand hygiene, social distancing, and the use of face coverings
- Must immediately self-isolate if any symptoms develop and contact the local public health authority or their healthcare provider to report this change in clinical status and determine if they should seek testing.
This update is informational only, and does not relieve an individual of the responsibility of being familiar with any restrictions or parameters necessary for personal travel. Up to date information regarding the travel restrictions can be found at: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory
Please contact your building administrator or school nurse with any questions. We hope that you will have a wonderful break and have opportunities to relax, reflect and enjoy the start of Spring!