RHS Guidance Department Holds College Financial Aid & Scholarship Info Workshop on Tues, Jan 6 at 7:00 pm

The Rhinebeck High School Guidance Office is sponsoring a College Financial Aid and Scholarship information program on Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 7:00PM (Snow Date Wednesday, Jan. 7, 2015 at 7:00PM) in the High School Auditorium.  The featured speakers are Ms. Susan Mead, Director of Financial Aid at Dutchess Community College, and Mr. Kevin Quilty, Vice President of the Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley.

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required of all students applying for college financial aid.  Please note the following:

-          You may file the FAFSA electronically atwww.fafsa.ed.gov.  A pin number for both student and parent is required for electronic application and can be acquired at www.pin.ed.gov.

-          Paper FAFSA’s are no longer provided to schools; instead students may request a paper FAFSA from 1-800-4-FED-AID or www.fsapubs.org.   Alternatively, you may download a PDF of the FAFSA atwww.FederalStudentAid.ed.gov (the PDF will be available January 1, 2015).

-          You may not file a paper or electronic FAFSA before January 1st, 2015 for the 2015-2016 school year.  It will not be accepted if filed before this date.

-          The NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application is initiated by a FAFSA application – an Express TAP form will be generated for you after you file a FAFSA if a New York State college is listed on the FAFSA.          

Important forms which you may want to collect to help you in preparing the FAFSA include W-2’s or end of year pay stubs, unusual medical/dental/business expense documentation, parent and student income tax statement (estimated), bank account balances, other asset values.

Check your student’s colleges to determine if they require the CSS/Financial Aid Profile.  The profile is an online application that collects information used by certain colleges to award institutional funds. 

See www.collegeboard.org for additional information.

 If you have any questions on financial aid, it is usually best to contact the Financial Aid Office of the college your child has applied to.  Any extenuating family financial circumstance should be addressed to that institution.

 New York State Financial Aid websites: www.nysfaa.org ;  www.hesc.org

 Federal Financial Aid websites:  www.fafsa.ed.gov  ;  www.finaid.org  


845.871.5520 - District
845.871.5520 ext. 5527 - Transportation
845.871.5570 ext. 6560 - Registration
845.871.5570 ext. 6551 - Special Education
845.871.5570 ext. 6560 - Curriculum & Instruction


Mailing: P.O. Box 351, Rhinebeck, NY 12572
Physical: 45 N. Park Rd., Rhinebeck, NY 12572


845.871.5570 - Chancellor Livingston Elementary
845.871.5500 - Bulkeley Middle School
845.871.5500 - Rhinebeck High School