ALL Students entering 6 must have the Tdap and varicella (2 doses) vaccines
All Students entering 7th and 12th grade must have the meningococcal vaccine.
Without the vaccine or a confirmed appointment, they can’t start school.
About the Vaccine:
• It’s not a new vaccine. It’s been recommended for a decade.
• Most parents already choose to vaccinate their children.
• What’s new is that the vaccine was required for school entry as of Sept. 1, 2016.
About Meningococcal Disease:
• It causes bacterial meningitis and other serious diseases.
• Teens and young adults are at greater risk.
• It comes on quickly and without warning.
• Its symptoms are similar to the flu.
• Every case of this disease can result in death or long-term disability.
Check with your doctor. Even kids who have had a shot before may need a booster to start school.
To learn more, visit health.ny.gov/immunize
Immunization is Protection.
Click the link below for a copy of the flyer:
|Parent Medication Permission (PDF - 79 KB)
Physician's Order for Giving Medication in School (PDF - 138 KB)
Regulations Concerning Medication in School (PDF - 142 KB)
Self Medication Release Form (PDF - 87 KB)
| American Association of Poison Control Centers
Dutchess County Department of Health