Rhinebeck Model U.N. Club
Welcome to the webpage for RMUN!
Generally, we meet from 2:20pm to 3:15pm on Thursdays in Room 104.
The RHS Model United Nations Club’s mission is to increase awareness, understanding, tolerance, and acceptance of the world's peoples, cultures, beliefs, values and attitudes, raise student awareness of global issues and disputes, and promote student understanding of the diplomatic mechanisms available for international cooperation.
Club members will:
- take the roles of "ambassadors" from around the world and participate in simulated United Nations conferences
- research the diplomatic priorities of different countries and write position papers simulating policies and UN resolutions that would advance those goals
- orally present country positions and debate potential resolutions to international disputes
- develop an understanding of parliamentary procedures
- discuss contemporary international affairs and examine same from a variety of national and group perspectives.
- practice analytical reasoning, problem solving, and negotiation.
For anyone interested in the World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates, please find the Rhinebeck Application Package here:
World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates_Rhinebeck Application Package.pdf