In order to expedite Board of Education business concerning routine matters, the Board may use a “consent” agenda as desired to collapse routine matters into a consent motion.
The following guidelines are to be used for the consent motion process:
1. Any Board member can request that an item on the consent agenda be removed from the consent agenda. The chair will honor that request without question.
2. The item removed will lapse back into the regular agenda format. Any further action on that item would need to be done consistent with district parliamentary procedure.
3. Items for the consent agenda shall be those regular, routine items as shall be deemed appropriate by counsel and shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
• CSE recommendations;
• routine business matters such as warrants and claims; and
• items of a “regular routine” definition which the Board wishes to put on consent and which counsel agrees are appropriate.
4. Board members seeking further clarification on consent items are encouraged to inquire prior to the meeting.