The Rhinebeck Central School District supports staff attendance and participation at conferences, workshops and meetings which are professionally appropriate and related to the employee’s responsibilities. Expenses attributed to such conferences, workshops and meetings are to be necessary and reasonable.
Reimbursement for Expenses
Reimbursement shall be made for meals, lodging, travel and other miscellaneous expenses on the Conference Request Form with receipts attached. Taxes for those expenses cannot be reimbursed by the district; however, tax exemption certificates shall be issued and utilized as appropriate. The judgment of the employee shall be applied as to “necessary and reasonable;” however, it should be understood that claims are subject to audit and adjustment, and shall be filed in accordance with the following guidelines:
1. A maximum daily allowance for meals will be $50.00. (Breakfast $8.00, Lunch $12.00, Dinner $30.00)
2. Expenses for alcoholic beverages will not be reimbursed.
3. Written receipts must be submitted
1. Air travel should be made at coach or economy rate when available.
2. Travel expenses for other than personal auto mileage, including air travel, rail travel, tolls, taxis and parking fees must be supported by written receipts.
3. When the employee travels overnight, he/she shall be authorized to make one personal phone call each day that he/she is away from home.
1. The District may reimburse employees for authorized business mileage from one place of business to another, either within or outside of the District. For outside of the District, mileage is from point of origin to destination. Mileage is not reimbursed for commuting from home to work or from work to home.
2. The reimbursable rate shall be the rate established by the IRS.
Reimbursement shall be authorized by the Superintendent of Schools or the Superintendent’s designee.