A student who seeks to be designated an emancipated minor must provide proof of:
• If residence is rented, a statement from the landlord stating the name of the minor as a rentor and a rent receipt in the minor’s name.
• If residence is owned, a copy of the deed.
2. Financial Independence
• A letter from the employer stating the salary and hours worked per week.
• A statement of other financial means.
3. Parental/Guardian Release
• A signed statement from the parent or guardian releasing all financial support and stating that the student will not be claimed on federal income tax as a dependent for the year.
If at any time the above information is changed without prompt notification or proven to be false, the parent/guardian and/or student may be subject to nonresident student tuition charges.