Mission, Vision, and Core Values
The Rhinebeck Central School District is a collaborative educational community that provides an excellent learning environment, prepares students to meet the challenges and opportunities of the future, and is dedicated to nurturing every student’s generosity of spirit, passion for learning, and success.
The Rhinebeck Central School District meets the changing needs of our community with innovative programming, consistent with best learning practices. Each student enjoys equity of access to opportunities in an enriching environment that encourages the mastery of skills and knowledge necessary at each grade level to meet or exceed high school graduation requirements. Working collaboratively with staff, parents, and the community we will support our students to become:
- Self-directed learners who create a positive vision for themselves and their future, set priorities and achievable goals, create options for themselves, monitor and evaluate their progress, and assume responsibility for their actions.
- Collaborative workers who use effective leadership and group skills to develop and manage interpersonal relationships within diverse groups and settings.
- Complex thinkers who identify, access, evaluate, integrate, and use available resources and information to reason, make decisions, and solve complex problems using higher order thinking.
- Community contributors who contribute their time, energies, and talents to improving the welfare of others and the quality of life in their diverse communities.
- Quality producers who create intellectual, artistic, practical, and physical products which reflect originality, high standards, and the use of appropriate advanced and traditional technologies.
- Ethical decision-makers who exemplify the principles of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, integrity, fairness, caring and citizenship.
Quality education includes:
- Safety and Health: Students and staff need a healthy and safe environment. In order for students to be successful, their emotional, social, physical, and academic needs must be met.
- Resources: A robust educational program requires access to state of the art facilities, equipment, and materials.
- Respect: We respect and honor the dignity and worth of ourselves, others, and our environment.
- Responsibility: Each person is responsible for what he or she says and does.
- Courage: Courage is required to grow, change, take risks, and make commitments.
- Integrity: Personal integrity develops as one attends to and becomes increasingly ethical in one’s speech and actions.
- Citizenship: We are constructive and engaged citizens of our school, community, state, nation, and the world.
- Collaboration: The education of our students is a process involving the entire educational community: students, teachers, administrators, non-instructional staff, Board of Education, families, and the community at large.
- Achievement: Continuous growth and improvement occurs for students and staff when there is use of best practice, an articulated/aligned curriculum, and pertinent data; personal educational success requires investment and ownership.
- Recognition: Acknowledging and celebrating successes, large and small, nurtures growth and a sense of community.