Select a Committee Below for More Information
District & Board of Education Committees:
Arts In Education Committee General Information
The Arts in Education Committee works in cooperation with the District’s administrators and teachers to bring high quality Arts In Education programs to the District's children through the District's prioritized curricula.
Goals of the Committee
- Ensure equity of access and opportunity to Arts In Education programs for K-12 faculty and students;
- Promote implementation of New York State Learning Standards for the Arts;
- Ensure that Arts In Education programs are aligned with the District’s Curricula and the priorities articulated in the Comprehensive District Education Plan;
- Act as a resource and clearinghouse to identify high quality Arts In Education programs, artists, and residencies while developing strategies to integrate these programs into the K-12 academic program in an integrated and multidisciplinary fashion; and
- Make professional development recommendations to the Comprehensive District Education Planning Team.
Members of the Committee
|Meeting Date||Meeting Type||Agenda||Minutes||Other Files|